[Tutor] OT: Preferred email client for sending plain text programming code snippets

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 00:23:02 CET 2015

Hopefully this is not a touchy subject like Emacs vs. Vim. ~(:>))

My home PC uses Win7-64bit. I currently use Chrome, Gmail and have a
Nexus 5 phone. The nice thing about all of this is that all of my
information usually seamlessly syncs. That is nice! But I am getting
increasingly frustrated with Gmail in terms of communicating with this
group (and sometimes others). It seems that if I am not constantly
attentive, my settings change from plain text to html, or, now, my New
Courier fixed-width font vanishes from the Gmail ecosystem and cannot
be found. I actually have come to prefer plain text communication as I
only rarely need html formatting. And I rarely care to see most of the
crap people send me that require html!

So are there any recommendations from this group that would make
things easy, would still be able to receive/send from my Gmail
account, etc.?

--
boB