[Tutor] Seismometer alarm Python

Ted tchannel at cableone.net
Sat Jan 3 18:06:10 CET 2015

Hi Folks,  I have a small python code to write.  It has at least three parts, 1,2 and 3.
I think I have 1 and 3 working.

I do not know how this Tutor at python.org works, but if someone can email me I can explain my questions.

I do not wish to get into too much detail, on this first email.  Basically, I am receiving a list of numbers (int)? on a serial port in python.
I want to add a trigger, which will play an alarm file on the computer when these numbers reach a certain condition.

Actually two conditions, or two IF’s?    First IF..........if the number/average, go up or down by (x percent)..........Second IF, if the number/average stays above or below this average for (x number of seconds)

If both conditions are met a .wav file plays on that computer.

Thanks, Ted