[Tutor] Error getting cx_oracle to work with python 2.7

Arvind Ramachandran arvind.ramachandran at sial.com
Tue Jan 13 18:13:57 CET 2015

Hi  All

I am trying to get import cx_oracle work on my windows laptop

I installed cx_Oracle-5.1.2-10g.win32-py2.7 on my laptop which is 64 bit as
the 64 bit msi seem to be specific for AMD desktops

Anyways after installed I do find cx_oracle.pyd in the lib site packages
folder

But when I try to pip install cx_oracle it gives an error saying it is
already established

When I issue python -c 'import cx_oracle' the error I get is
Import : EOL while scanning string literal
When I issue python -c "import cx_oracle" the error I get is
Import : No module named cx_oracle

My oracle version is 11.2.0.1.0

Please advice how I can get my oracle package to work so I can connected

If there is a better mailing list please let me know as well

--
Regards
Arvind Ramachandran

(414-530-8366)
=====================
Conference Dail In Numbers
Participant code  : 5751206
Leader code :7903519

USA                                1-517-466-2380           866-803-2146
INDIA
000-800-852-1259

--
This message and any files transmitted with it are the property of
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, are confidential, and are intended solely for