[Tutor] Installing psutil 2.2.0-1 on Canopy Enthought

Sydney Shall s.shall at virginmedia.com
Thu Jan 22 13:56:30 CET 2015

I use MAC OSX 10.9.5
Canopy Enthought python 2.7.6

I also use the Enthought Package Manager to keep my installation up-todate.

For about two weeks now, Canopy says that I need to install psutil
2.2.0-1 instead of the currently installed version 2.1.1.
I appear to do that successfully, but the next day the Package manager
says to install the updated psutil.

When I import psutil I get no error message.
And when I do:
psutil.__version__ , I get back '2.1.1', which is the old version, and I
have just apparently succesfully udated the package.

What in fact is my problem? I simply want to update this package, and I
cannot.

I do not know if this is the best Forum to get advice on this, but any
guidance, including where else I might ask would be appreciated.
--
Sydney