[Tutor] R: Re: Re: Re: Class learning

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 16:03:10 CET 2015

On 24/01/2015 01:50, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> My intuition is that a function is costly (potentially) and that
> consulting an attribute is very cheap.  I don't want to break such
> intuition.

It's not just your intuition, it's a fact.  Function calls are costly,
relative to attribute lookup that is, at least in cPython.  I've no idea
what the impact is in other implementations.  I'd guess that 99% of the
time 99% of Python programmers needn't worry about it.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence