[Tutor] Risk Dice Program

Dillon Cortez dilloncortez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:12:22 CET 2015

I’m trying to write a program for the dice in a game of risk. It runs but the problem is that if any of the offensive dice is bigger than only one of the defensive dice, the program shows the offense as the winner, even when the defense should win. Can you help me out with this?

here’s the code:

# To be used during risk in the abesense of dice

import random

o_die1 = random.randint(1, 6)
o_die2 = random.randint(1, 6)
o_die3 = random.randint(1, 6)

d_die1 = random.randint(1, 6)
d_die2 = random.randint(1, 6)

print "the offense has rolled a %s, %s and a %s" % (o_die1, o_die2, o_die3)

print "The defense has rolled a %s and a %s" % (d_die1, d_die2)

def winner():
    if o_die1 > d_die1 or d_die2:
        print "The offense has won"
    elif o_die2 > d_die1 or d_die2: