[Tutor] How to generate a pure tones and random noise using Python?

Paul Z paul at whoosh.cn
Sat Jul 25 13:15:31 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I try to train my listening by using python. (estimating the frequency of sound)
So... Are there some way to generate a fixed frequency sound in different waves (eg. Sine Wave, Saw Wave, Triangle Wave etc.) and different random noise. (eg. white noise & pink noise) ?

I have search in web, some people say that I can use winsound which can generate a fixed frequency beep. However, It is Windows only. (I'm under Linux) and I think It is not a professional library to generate audio signal.

How about pygame? and some examples?
any ideas?

Thanks

Paul Z