[Tutor] mbox-short

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 30 02:16:15 CEST 2015

On 29/07/15 19:38, ltc.hotspot at gmail.com wrote:

> How do I file in the empty list at 0 on line # 3 to produce the desired output:

I have no idea what you mean?

What does "file in the empty list" mean?
What are you trying to do?

> The first goal of the program is to produce  an output from the date list file as following:

Should that be "data list" rather than date list?

> stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
> louis at media.berkeley.edu
> zqian at umich.edu

> And secondly,  print out a count at the end

The count bit is easily done once you have the other bit working.
But its not clear what you re asking us to do.
Also please post the code in the mail rather than pastebin.
Pastebin is fine if its a big program (>100 lines say) but
for small programs just paste the code into the email.
Its much easier to read and comment on that way.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site