[Tutor] Parsing/Crawling test College Class Site.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 07:42:37 CEST 2015

On 02/06/2015 00:06, bruce wrote:
> Hi. I'm creating a test py app to do a quick crawl of a couple of
> pages of a psoft class schedule site. Before I start asking
> questions/pasting/posting code... I wanted to know if this is the kind
> of thing that can/should be here..
>
> The real issues I'm facing aren't so much pythonic as much as probably
> dealing with getting the cookies/post attributes correct. There's
> ongoing jscript on the site, but I'm hopeful/confident :) that if the
> cookies/post is correct, then the target page can be fetched..
>
> If this isn't the right list, let me know! And if it is, I'll start posting..
>
> Thanks
>
> -bd

You'll almost certainly need the main list at
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list alternatively
available as gmane.comp.python.general

However just to get you going take a look at these.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/requests
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/beautifulsoup4

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence