[Tutor] Generate Prime Numbers

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 11 01:03:08 CEST 2015

On 10/06/15 18:41, Mirage Web Studio wrote:

> But now another problem i seem to notice that only 1 core of my amd
> Athlon X2 4core processor is being used.  I suppose if all the four
> cores are simultaneously used then the programme might run even faster.
> Is there a way.

One of the problems with the "standard" CPython implementation is
that it only uses one CPU, even if you write threaded code. There
are implementations that address that, but I've never used them
so can't comment on whether they would help in your case.

I'm also not sure how Jython or IronPython handle things, they
might use their internal threading engines more effectively.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site