[Tutor] Python&Pytest

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 11 19:55:23 CEST 2015

On 11/06/15 14:25, Michelle Meiduo Wu wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi,
Please start a new thread for a new subject. Do not reply to an
old thread. As it is, your query now appears buried in a
discussion about prime numbers.

> I'm looking for a language to write test scripts for our application.

Can you elaborate? What language is the app written in? On what OS?
What kind of testing do you want to do (performance, coverage,
functionality? something else?)

> I read some document and found Pytest can be used to write
 > simpler code compared with using unittest in Python.

Yes, but PyTest (and unittest) are for testing units of Python
code. So they really only apply if your application is written
in Python. And in any case you should really have written
all the unit tests long before completing your application.

> Does anybody know what's other pros and cons

We need to understand more about what it is you want to test.
And what kinds of tests you want to write.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site