[Tutor] Python&Pytest

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 12 18:26:42 CEST 2015

On 12/06/15 11:48, Laura Creighton wrote:

>>> Yes, but PyTest (and unittest) are for testing units of Python
>>> code. So they really only apply if your application is written
>>> in Python.
>
> Actually, there are many people using pytest to test code written in
> other languages.  We wrote this:
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/oejskit

I stand corrected but it still seems to me like its easier to
test in the language in which you develop. And most languages
have testing frameworks these days.

And when there are large paradigm differences in the languages
that's even more true. Testing JS (or even Haskell) in Python
seems like a weird choice!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site