[Tutor] python 3.4 documentation

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Mon Jun 15 04:59:00 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-14 17:13, Laura Creighton wrote:
> In a message of Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:50:38 -0700, Alex Kleider writes:
>> On 2015-06-14 12:36, Hilton Fernandes wrote:
>>> Hello, Alex !
>>>
>>> I believe that maybe in the page
>>> https://docs.python.org/3/download.html
>>
>> Thank you Hilton, Laura and Peter for pointing me in the right
>> direction.
>> Being 'off line' will no longer be such a hardship.
>
> You are most welcome, but I want to go fix this for the next person
> who comes along.  Where did you find the bad link?  Or, if you just
> assumed that the one you tried would work, what can we do to keep the
> next person from assuming the same thing?
>
> Laura

Here's the command I initially used:
prompt>  wget -r https://docs.python.org/3/library/index.html

The directory that resulted seemed to have everything but when I tried
to use links, none worked.
I have since deleted the above and downloaded (and 'untared') as
follows:
prompt>  tar -xvjf python-3.4.3-docs-html.tar.bz2
All is now well.

I could repeat the (wget) process and give you more detailed information
if that would be helpful.
(Let me know.)
Alex