[Tutor] Newbie to Python: enumerate XML tags (keys that will become headers) along with text (values) and write to CSV in one row (as opposed to "stacked" values with one header)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Jun 26 17:23:20 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 02:42:16PM -0400, Saran Ahluwalia wrote:

> My question can be found here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31058100/enumerate-column-headers-in-csv-that-belong-to-the-same-tag-key-in-python

You might think you are saving time in not typing the question twice,
but you're not. You're just limiting the number of people who might
answer your question, which means it will take you even longer to get
the answer. The 30 seconds that you save by not writing the question
here might cost you hours or days to get an answer.

I'm reading your question via email, and it is inconvenient for me to
switch to a browser and go read the question on another site, copy the
question, paste it back into an email, manually edit that to quote it
(add > to the beginning of each line), and then respond. If I really
cared about your question, if it was a topic that interested me greatly,
I might do it. But I don't like dealing with XML and I think CSV is
boring, so I won't.

Other tutors might be browsing their email from a network that blocks
Stackoverflow, so they cannot see the question at all.

--
Steve