[Tutor] Python OO

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Mar 29 08:55:53 CEST 2015

"Juan C." <juan0christian at gmail.com> writes:

> My actor related methods should be set apart from my movie, serie
> related ones, don't you agree?

As a side issue: You apparently intend to choose names that are English
language.

If that's true, you should know that “actor”, “movie”, “series” are all
singular.

    <URL:https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/series>

There is not English word “serie”, the word “series” is singular and
plural. Just as the word “species” is singular and plural.

> Having all the classes (Actor, Movie, Serie) in one module would make
> it 200, maybe 300 lines long.

So, those classes should be named ‘Actor’, ‘Movie’, ‘Series’.

--
 \     “I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then |
  `\     I thought ‘Why should I? He never reads any of mine.’” —Spike |