[Tutor] Feedback on Script for Pandas DataFrame Written into XML

Saran Ahluwalia ahlusar.ahluwalia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:45:33 CEST 2015

Hello:

I would appreciate your feedback on whether I correctly wrote my XML. I am
exporting a DataFrame and writing into a XML file. I used the ElementTree
library. The DataFrame has 11 rows and 8 columns (excluding the index
column).

#My schema assumption:
#<list>
#[<message>
#<index>Some number row</index>
#<date>Sample text </data>
#</message>]
#</list>
CODE: SELECT ALL <http://www.python-forum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15261#>

document = ET.Element("list")

def make_message(document, row):
    msg = ET.SubElement(document, "message")
    for field in row.index:
        field_element = ET.SubElement(msg, field)
        field_element.text = row[field]
    return msg

def add_to_document(row):
    return make_message(document, row)

#df.apply(add_to_document, axis=0) ---> if I were to import a DataFrame
stored in the variable
#"df", I would simply APPLY the add_to_document function and COMBINE this
into a document

ET.dump(document)

Thank you, in advance for your help.