[Tutor] key detection

Jim Mooney Py3.4.3winXP cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:02:36 CEST 2015

On 5 May 2015 at 18:35, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Is this under Linux or another Unix? If so, > only redirects stdout, not
> stderr, so you need:
>
> python3 setup.py 2> errors.txt
>
> to capture the errors.
>
> I have no idea if Windows works the same way.

Damn, that actually worked in windows instead of using their awful screen
copy. What a surprise:

errors.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 39, in <module>
    long_description=read_description(),
  File "setup.py", line 11, in read_description
    return fd.read()
  File "c:\python34\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
    return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0]
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x81 in position
2468: character maps to <undefined>

--
Jim

"What a rotten, failed experiment. I'll start over. Maybe dogs instead of
monkeys this time." --God