[Tutor] Having Unusual results

Jag Sherrington braveart08 at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 6 09:36:17 CEST 2015

Excellent all working good, thank you.
Regards, Jag BraveArt Multimedia

     On Saturday, 2 May 2015, 22:28, Dave Angel <d at davea.name> wrote:

 On 05/02/2015 04:36 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> Jag Sherrington wrote:
> With that the calculation becomes

> 3

And that can be simplified:

buns = 20
package_size = 8
total_packages = (buns + package_size - 1) // package_size

#desired answer 3

Or, to take better advantage of the Python library:

import math
total_packages = math.ceil(buns/package_size)

This is exactly what the ceiling and floor mathematical concepts are
needed for.

Note, I'm using the fact that the OP is writing in Python 3.  If not,
one should probably add
    from __future__ import division
.

--