[Tutor] ls *.py[co] >> .hidden

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 18:28:54 CEST 2015

----- Original Message -----

You're right, I just tried it:

# does NOT work:

echo *.py[co] > .hidden

# works (but you need a cronjob):

ls *.py[co] > .hidden

I just created an alias for this:
alias hidepycs="ls *.py[co] > .hidden"

No idea whether there exists some sneaky way to make Nautilius understand regexes. I could make an enhancement request, but with Debian this would become effective like 15 years later :-)

regards,
Albert-Jan