[Tutor] inserting path to open a file from a variable

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 29 03:18:29 CEST 2015

On 29/05/2015 01:16, Felix Dietrich wrote:
> Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> optparse is deprecated, from
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/optparse.html "Deprecated since
>> version 3.2: The optparse module is deprecated and will not be
>> developed further; development will continue with the argparse
>> module".  argparse is here
>> https://docs.python.org/3/library/argparse.html
>
> True, but the /optparse/ module does not appear to be part of Python
> 2.6. ("new in version 3.2")

If you mean argparse you're correct, but it's in 2.7.  My point is that
there's not much use writing code now with a deprecated module,
especially if you want to move onward and upward to python 3.4 or even
3.5 in the future and get all the new batteries :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence