[Tutor] Python ASTM Implementation

Br. Sayan mokshavivek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:23:20 EST 2015

Dear All,

We have a Lab Analyzer(Cobas C311), which we want to interface with Pyhton.
As you might be knowing that clinical lab analyzers use ASTM protocol.
Python has a an ASTM module <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/astm/0.5.0> , but
I need help in its implementation. In the first place, to my embarrassment
I could not install it on Linux Mint 15 with Python 2.7.4.

The following error is coming :

> /usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
> distribution option: 'zip_safe'
>   warnings.warn(msg)
> /usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
> distribution option: 'test_suite'
>   warnings.warn(msg)
> /usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
> distribution option: 'install_requires'
>   warnings.warn(msg)
> usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
>    or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
>    or: setup.py --help-commands
>    or: setup.py cmd --help
>
> error: no commands supplied

And next, cannot figure out how to start. Desperately need your help in
starting off the coding. I have little experience in Python, but am
confident that I can pick it up soon if I get help.

If you feel like, you may direct me to some other links where this type of
codings have been shown with examples of some sort.

Regards,
Sayan