[Tutor] How to kill a thread

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Nov 23 05:12:07 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 07:12:29AM +0530, CMG Thrissur wrote:

> Is the below text in plain text? I am using thunderbird.

Yes, it is plain text, but the word-wrapping of the text is completely
broken, as you should be able to see below:

> import datetime import time import mysql.connector import threading
> import pythonwhois cnx =
> mysql.connector.connect(user='root',password=pas,host='localhost',database=db)
> cursor = cnx.cursor() def ProcessList(domain:str): ''' :paramdomain:din,
> dcom etc :return: ''' query='select url from urls where (%s="" or
> %s<curdate()) and %s<curdate()-1'%(domain,domain,domain+'lastcheck') print
> (query) cursor.execute(query) tmplist=[] for url in cursor:

[...]

Apart from the leading ">" used for quoting, what you see above is what
I see in the original email.

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve this. I don't use Gmail, and
don't now whether it has something to do with Gmail or Thunderbird.

Wait... I have a thought...

Your email has a header:

The format="flowed" is probably the bit that is screwing up the
formatting. Flowed formatting is exactly what you want for ordinary
text, paragraphs and sentences, but it is exactly what you DON'T want
for poetry and programming code, where line breaks are important.

If you look through the preferences and settings for Thunderbird, you
will probably find something to control how lines are formatted.

P.S. Please don't send vast mountains of text to the list while you're
trying settings out. Just two or three lines is enough to see whether
they get word-wrapped or not.

Thanks,

--
Steve