[Tutor] responding to command line

richard kappler richkappler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:22:06 EST 2015

I need to write a script that runs ssh-copy-id to over 500 clients from one
master (setting up keys to use ansible).

I understand how to get my script to read each IP address in a list, use it
as input and then move on to the next, but not sure how to handle the
password feed, particularly as there will be a considerable delay in the
passwords request. Specifically:

$ssh-copy-id user at IPofClient

.... delay of as much as 90 or more seconds.....

user at IPofClient's password:

and I want the script to detect that password request and provide the
password (Same for all 500 + machines, so no issue there).

--

All internal models of the world are approximate. ~ Sebastian Thrun