[Tutor] pytsk

Tees, Peter (EthosEnergy) Peter.Tees at ethosenergygroup.com
Fri Apr 29 09:15:02 EDT 2016

Hi folks

I'm pretty new to Python and programming, I've done the first four modules of the Python course at Coursera.org to get started

Now I want to put what I've learned to good use, based on the articles by David Cowen at the Hacking Exposed blog and in particular his series "Automating DFIR - How to series on programming libtsk with Python" (which is Python 2.7, same as Coursera.org)

The very first thing to be done, after installing Python, is to grab a Windows installer for the pytsk library from here https://github.com/log2timeline/l2tbinaries/blob/master/win32/pytsk3-4.1.3-20140506.win32-py2.7.msi

But that link doesn't work (Page 404), and any other downloads I've seen so far refer either to binding to The Sleuthkit or refer to pytsk3 which I don't think is what I need

Can anyone point me to a Windows 32-bit installer for a pytsk library that will work with Python 2.7?

Thanks & regards

Peter Tees
IT Compliance & Forensic Analyst

D: +44 (0) 1224 367212
peter.tees at ethosenergygroup<mailto:peter.tees at ethosenergygroup>
www.ethosenergygroup.com<http://www.ethosenergygroup.com/>

[cid:image002.png at 01D1A221.84A5E4A0]
Follow Us! [cid:image001.jpg at 01D04497.89DA9B20] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/ethosenergy>  [cid:image002.jpg at 01D04497.89DA9B20] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP35rfJ-hkeETNrQbxPZ4w>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01D04497.89DA9B20] <https://www.facebook.com/EthosEnergyPPS>  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D04497.89DA9B20] <https://plus.google.com/110364885156198751003/posts?gpinv=AMIXal-_9u3UwfxLb8KZ2DC-RzET6qMa_DF0n7FxQ_Qi6dpzq-cF3aS9Lfyij0Fzj2TO7jdOxp4S_A96oFmZ-kat-Bs_aBbwRs_CwM34wY_GOVaTZlEUNH0&cfem=1>  [cid:image005.jpg at 01D04497.89DA9B20] <https://twitter.com/EthosEnergy>
This email and its attachments may contain information which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email please notify the sender immediately by email and delete this email and its attachments from your computer and IT systems. You must not copy, re-transmit, use or disclose (other than to the sender) the existence or contents of this email or its attachments or permit anyone else to do so.

------------------------------ This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system. Internet emails are not necessarily secure. The company does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. While all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by the company in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate. This email has been scanned for Virus and Spam content by EthosEnergy.