[Tutor] command to determine of python 32 or 64 bit?

Garry Willgoose g.willgoose at telluricresearch.com
Wed Aug 10 00:27:42 EDT 2016

I have a number of binary libraries that are dependent on whether the precompiled python distribution (eg. Enthought, ActiveState, etc)  in which they are installed are compiled with 32 or 64 bit. Is there any reliable way to determine at run time whether a python distribution is 32 or 64 bit? If I can determine at runtime then I can set the path for loading of my libraries to something different depending on whether the python is 32 or 64 bit.