[Tutor] install issues - third party modules

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 04:19:04 EDT 2016

On 11/08/16 01:16, N Woodruff wrote:

> I have downloaded python 3.5.2, and installed it without issues on windows
> 7.
>
> Now I cannot get Third-party modules to install.  I want to use openpyxl.

How are you running pip?
It should be run from a Windows CMD prompt, NOT from
the Python >>> prompt. That's the most common mistake.

Send the exact command that you are typing.

> I get the following errors:

Unfortunately we can't see them. Can you resend.
Please make sure you are using plain text email rather
than HTML since that might be the cause of the
missing text.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site