[Tutor] project directory structure

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Aug 27 00:58:18 EDT 2016

Alex Kleider <akleider at sonic.net> writes:

> Am I to assume that if I have activated a virtualenv, then the
> following shebang
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> will use the python specified in the venv/bin/?

Yes, the purpose of that shebang is to tell the OS that *whichever*
‘python’ command is found first, is the one to use.

That way it's not hard-coded, but is up to your environment (including
the virtualenv) to determine at run-time which Python interperter to use.

If it does not, start a new thread and we'll try to figure out what's
going wrong.

--
 \       “A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me |
  `\                                     at kick boxing.” —Emo Philips |