[Tutor] help :making window

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:35:15 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 11:05 AM, syafiqah amir via Tutor
<tutor at python.org> wrote:

>      On Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:55 PM, syafiqah amir <smileyunder18 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>  Hello,Im trying to execute the code but the window does not come out.(script from Maya python for games and film)I'm not sure what I did wrong
> import maya.cmds as cmds;
> class AR_OptionsWIndow(object):    def __init__(self):        self.window ='ar_optionsWindow';        self.title='Options Window';        self.size=(546,350);        self.supportsToolAction=False;        def create(self):        if cmds.window(self.window,exists=True):            cmds.deleteUI(self.window,window=True);        self.window = cmds.window(self.window,title=self.title,widthHeight=self.size,menuBar=True);        self.commonMenu();        cmds.showWindow()
>     def commonMenu(self):        self.editMenu=cmds.menu(label='Edit');        self.editMenuSave=cmds.menuItem(label='Save Settings');        self.editMenuReset=cmds.menuitem(label='Reset Settings');        self.editMenuDiv=cmds.menuItem(d=True);        self.editMenuRadio=cmds.radioMenuItemCollection();        self.editMenuTool=cmds.menuItem(label='As Tool',radioButton=True,enable=self.supportsToolAction);        self.editMenuAction=cmds.menuItem(label='As Action' , radioButton=True ,enable=self.supportsToolAction);        self.helpMenu=cmds.menu(label='Help');        self.helpMenuItem=cmds.menuItem(label='Help on &s'% self.title)
>
> thank you so much in advanced.

You need to post in plaintext.  Whitespace is vital in python, and
yours has been destroyed.  Also, you seem to be writing in a dialect
that is from some other language.  Semicolon (;) isn't used in python
as a statement separator

Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com/blog
http://cc-baseballstats.info/stats/birthdays