[Tutor] installing rtree on python 34

Bachir Bachir bachir_bac at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 04:35:25 EST 2016

Hello AlainI am using windows10 64 bits, my os.name is 'nt', I used pip to  install but its complaining about the spatialindex_c.dll     File "C:\Users\Bachir\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-td64lrth\rtree\rtree\core.py", line 101, in <module>
       raise OSError("could not find or load spatialindex_c.dll")   OSError: could not find or load spatialindex_c.dll
I downloaded rtree-0.8.2 and then run python setup.py install and i have the same message
i donwloaded the spatialindex dll files ' libspatialindex-1.8.1-win-msvc-2010-x64-x32.zip ' . this file contain both 32  and 64 bits ,  unzip and put in the installation folder, when installing using python setuo.py install it still complaining about the spatialindex dll fileThanks much
Bachir

    On Saturday, February 6, 2016 9:49 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

 On 06/02/16 06:47, Bachir Bachir via Tutor wrote:
>  Dear all,I am using winpython 34 , could anyone help installing rtree please?
> It seems rtree loading libspatialindex ,
> i donwnloaded the libspatial index but rtree still cant find
> the files locationthanks much for your helpsincerelyBachir

This is a bit off topic for the tutor list so you might get a better
response on an rtree or libspatial specific forum or, failing that, on
the general python mailing list/newsgroup.

However, it will help if you tell us how you are installing both rtree
and libspatial. Are you using binary installers or using pip? Show us
the exact command you typed.

Telling us the OS might help too, although I assume its some
kind of Windows.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site