[Tutor] Need help with audio manipulation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 11 17:09:21 EST 2016

On 11/02/16 18:03, Swift, Robert wrote:
> I was wondering how to write a code that would take a recorded audio and
> place these values into a numpy array? I have written various codes that
> can record and playback sound and work properly. I need the recorded audio
> to be accessed from a numpy array so I can process the sound and manipulate
> it to play back the inverse of the array for a noise cancelling affect. Any
> ideas would be great.

There are numerous audio processing toolkits available,
some work with SciPy, others are independent.

There is a useful page here:

wiki.python.org/moin/PythonInMusic

You may find useful pointers there.

As a subject its a bit off topic for this list which is
about the standard library and language.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site