[Tutor] antigravity?!?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 01:46:01 EST 2016

Ok, you Python developers (If any follow the Tutor list.) are a quirky
lot!  Thinking about Martin's suggestion to explore the standard
library, I typed "py" in my W7 Command Prompt, followed by "help()"
and then modules to see what modules I had installed on my system.
While doing so, I was intrigued by one called, "antigravity".  Hmm.
So I next typed "antigravity" to see what this thing was.  I was
immediately startled!  My Chrome browser, open next to the Command
Prompt window, suddenly went to the xkcd web site!  Huh?  Well, that
comic explains "antigravity".  But it does not explain the rest of the
help entry:

NAME
    antigravity

FUNCTIONS
    geohash(latitude, longitude, datedow)
        Compute geohash() using the Munroe algorithm.

        >>> geohash(37.421542, -122.085589, b'2005-05-26-10458.68')
        37.857713 -122.544543

FILE
    c:\python34\lib\antigravity.py

Out of ever growing curiosity I went to the official Python docs site.
Sure enough, no module named "antigravity" is listed.

What else awaits as I explore Python???  I sure hope I don't stumble
across one named something like "clean_windows"!!!

Happy New Year!
--
boB