[Tutor] An Advice to a dedicated beginner

Michael Appiah Boachie ma7841 at truman.edu
Mon Jan 18 20:15:11 EST 2016

Hello Tutors,

I am a programming beginner. Throughout college, I have not properly grasp anything the professor’s teach but when i sat on my own with a couple of materials and videos, I have become very good at the basics of python and completing various beginner courses and projects with ease but however I have run into some kind of “beginner wall” where I don’t know where or what to take on next. This is killing my excitement. I think this isn’t something new to experienced programmers to hear. That’s why I am asking for help. Please any advice would help a dedicated one here. I don’t know what to do next with the knowledge I have acquired. People keep saying “get into open source” , “do that and that”. I wish they actually knew how someone like me feel. There are so many videos, articles and materials to get you to know basics and also become a top expert but almost nothing on how to transition into that. That’s exactly how I’m feeling.

Hoping to receive some kind words.

Michael