[Tutor] help!

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:48:56 EST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Chelsea G <cegarcia0323 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working on a python script to automate reporting. And I am working on
> creating a keyword search. For example, if I want to search for the word
> Tool in the value and see what keys are associated with that. So say the
> value I have to search is Tool World and I want to know what key is
> associated with Tool World I search Tool World and it comes up with several
> results like missing or not updating and catalog issue. I have the basic
> code for it figured out but I have created my own dictionary for it called
> mydict and put a few key and values in but I want my code to search the csv
> file that I am importing and then take the info I am getting from the
> search results and put it in its own text file. Also, I dont want to have
> to create the mydict line with the keywords I want to be able to type in a
> value like Tool and ursearch through the csv file and then output the
> results
> to a text file. I have attached my code.
>
> Welcome!  You can paste your code in your question.  People can't or won't
read attachments here, so for better help try to cut the code to show the
issue or problem, then paste it.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you want to create.  Could you give a
snippet of a typical csv file that you want to examine?  And the format and
substance of the output you wish to create?

Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com/stats/birthdays