[Tutor] help with exercise 15 of zed shaw's LPTHW

lohecn at tuta.io lohecn at tuta.io
Tue Jul 5 19:56:19 EDT 2016

hey everyone. this is my first time trying this -- actually, I've been
studying python only for some days now, and I'm afraid my questions are going
to be reeeeally simple, but I can't seem to understand this piece of code and
thus can't move on.

you probably know the book, so you know that zed always makes us write code
so that then we can understand how it works, and it's great, but in this
exercise there are just too many new functions and without explanation they
are a bit hard to understand... so I'm having trouble with most of the lines
here.

it's not that I want the full explanation to that code, but since I'm
unfamiliar with some of its concepts, I'm just going to tell you all the
things that I don't understand (sorry for it being a lot):
1. the need to put script into an estipulation for argv (line 3)
2. the what is txt and why it has to be used there (line 4)
3. txt.read() -- which are all new functions(? I dont even know what they
are)  (line 7)
4. file_again (line 10)
5. txt_again (line 12)
and line 14.

as you can see, it's pretty much everything. sorry about that.
I'd really appreciate any help at all!
thanks a lot,

heloisa