[Tutor] (no subject)

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:22:28 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:39 AM, DiliupG <diliupg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am reading in a list of file names with the following code.
>
>     def get_filelist(self):
>         """"""
>         app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
>         a = QtGui.QFileDialog.getOpenFileNames()
>
>         filelist = []
>         if a:
>             for name in a:
>                 a = unicode(name)
>
>                 filelist.append(a)
>
>         return filelist
>
> mainprg.filelist = mainprg.get_filelist()
>
> filelist = mainprg.filelist
>
> for name in filelist:
>     print name             < ---- THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS

This is an output problem, which is unrelated to the IDLE input error
that you initially reported. But IDLE isn't (at least shouldn't be)
used for deployed applications. It's a development environment.

Generally if you're using Qt then you're not creating a console
application that prints to stdout, but instead the program outputs
text to a Qt widget such as a QTextEdit. That said, if you need to print
Unicode text to the Windows console, for whatever reason (maybe
debugging), then pip install and enable the win_unicode_console
module.