[Tutor] IDLE Subprocess Startup Error

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 03:18:11 EDT 2016

On 29/07/16 05:24, Darah via Tutor wrote:

> I’ve been using Python’s IDLE for a couple of weeks now and
> it has been working fine but a few days ago I started getting
> this error message
> "IDLE's subprocess didn't make connection.
> Either IDLE can't start a subprocess or personal firewall
> software is blocking the connection.”

What version of IDLE are you using? That used to be a common
error message but since Python v2.6 I've never had it. If its an older
version than that you could try upgrading your Python version.

Other than that there is a dedicated IDLE mailing list which
is quite responsive and should be able to help if you don't
get an answer here. The gmane link is:

gmane.comp.python.idle

hth
--