[Tutor] Practice Exercises for Beginner ?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:45:31 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Andrei Colta <andrycolt007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone can recommend practical work on learning python.. seems reading and reading does not helping.

The usual advice:  Find one or more projects that interest you and
start trying to accomplish them, learning more Python along the way as
you find the need.

Surely when you started studying Python you had some hopes and goals
towards which to apply your new knowledge?  Go for it!  Even if you
don't know enough to do the full project you envision, you can start
working on a piece of the puzzle.  Say your goal is to write the
greatest ever Dungeons and Dragons adventure game.  That may be way
too big for your current knowledge and skills, but I bet you could
start in on some of it.  For instance, you know you will have to have
the program simulate the rolling of dice.  Surely that would be
doable?  So write the needed function(s) that would accomplish that
piece.  Once accomplished, find a new piece you can work on.  Etc.

The idea is if you are interested in the project up front, then you
will be motivated to follow it through to its happy completion,
learning tons of Python and general programming skills along the way!

Good luck on your journeys!

--
boB