[Tutor] Opening EOS-5 HDF file - help!

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 20:05:04 EDT 2016

On 23/06/16 15:02, Lennartson, Elizabeth M wrote:
> I am trying to open a HDF file in python. I downloaded python 2.7.8 through miniconda2.

Given how many other modules you are loading I'd suggest installing a
full anaconda distribution which has everything included as standard.

> I also downloaded basemap-1.0.7, matplotlib-1.5.0, and numpy-1.11.0.

You say you downloaded them, but did you install them?

> File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>
> ImportError: No module named matplotlib

It suggests the install didn't work.  The simplest fix is probably
to just install a full anaconda. Failing that we'll need to know OS and
the install process you used.

Also, since Scipy etc is technically outside the scope of this list
(standard library only) you may get more responses on the SciPy
(or Anaconda/Miniconda) forums.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site