[Tutor] Fwd: Fwd: : Turtle

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 08:23:40 EDT 2016

On 24/06/16 08:51, Hershel Millman wrote:
> Python didn't come installed on my Mac, my dad had to install it.

Nope, it definitely would have been on there because MacOS uses it.
So you definitely have two versions of python installed and it looks
like one of them (probably the default) is v2.5 and uses the older
turtle module and the other is v2.6 and has the latest version of turtle.

Your challenge is going to be making sure you are running the right
version. One way to check this is to print it out at the start of your
program (as a debug step) by adding these lines:

import sys
print(sys.version)

If it isn't v2.6 then that is your problem.

As for pycharm... These pages may help. You can apparently set
the interpreter version Pycharm uses both at a default level
and on an individual project level.

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/2016.1/configuring-available-python-interpreters.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19679150/how-to-set-default-pycharm-interpreter

HTH