[Tutor] Coding help 1D diffusion equation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 08:52:37 EDT 2016

On 26/06/16 13:16, Severin Langberg wrote:

> I have a problem with solving the 1D diffusion equation for Gaussian
> initial using odeint. Anyone care to help?

You need to realize that most folks on this list have no idea what
that means. You need to provide a bit more detail. What is the 1D
diffusion equation? What does Gaussian initial mean? What is odeint?

What exactly do you need help with? Do you know how to solve the
equation mathematically? If not, you should probably ask on a
math/science forum.

If you know the math but can't translate it then let us see
what the math looks like and what you have tried in Python
and we might then be able to help.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site