[Tutor] how to receive messages form a server?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 8 16:25:00 EST 2016

On 08/03/16 11:56, Paul Z wrote:

> There is AP with UDP-Server(sending UDP messages).
> My computer has connected the AP.

How did you do that? Via a socket? From Python?

> I know how to receive messages form a client via socket.

Your terminology confuses me. You send messages from
a client to a server. So are you saying you know how
to write a server?

> But, Now, how to receive messages from a server?

Servers don't generally send messages, they send
what exactly you are trying to do? Is this a
multi-tier application with your code in the middle
interacting with clients and servers? Or are you
a client accessing a server? Or is it a peer to
peer set up?

Do you have any code you can share with us?
That might clarify things.

Also it will definitely help if you tell us which
OS and Python version you are using.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site