[Tutor] Changing the interpreter prompt symbol from ">>>" to ???

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 01:53:17 EST 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM, wolfrage8765 at gmail.com
<wolfrage8765 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On a web based terminal via codeanywhere.com setting sys.ps1 =
> chr(16) results in no character being displayed. It is literally just
> a new line. So something to think about. I set it back to sys.ps1 =
> '>>>'

Thanks for the feedback.  I tried out your link, codeanywhere.com .  I
have to confess my experience was not a good one.  Firstly, the
environment supplied would not accept my space bar characters!  So I
could not type any import statements.  However, I did try:

print('\u25ba'), which did not require any spaces and received an
error stating that it would not accept values greater than hex ff.  So
it is pretty clear that following Cameron's suggestion is not (At
least on the surface.) doable in the codeanywhere environment.  Might
I suggest pythonanywhere?  All of this works fine with utf-8 there.

boB