[Tutor] Pmw/Tkinter question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 12 04:18:57 EST 2016

On 12/03/16 08:17, Albert-Jan Roskam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Below is a slightly modified example about Pmw/Tkinter from http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/howtouse.html.
> I changed the geometry manager from 'pack' to 'grid', because I use that in all other parts of my program.
> The problem is, 'broccoli' won't display nicely under vege_menu. I want it to left-align, not center (I don't case that it's truncated). In plain Tkinter I could do "self.vege_menu.configure(anchor=Tkinter.W)" but this raises a KeyError in Pmw.
>
> The real reason for switching from Tkinter to Pmw is that Pmw is more compact, and it has an 'index' method that I could use to link two optionmenus.
>
> Any ideas? Hope this is ok to ask as Pmw is a layer on top of Tkinter.

You can always ask :-)
But this is a pretty specific question and I'd expect a better response
from the tkinter mailing list. It is pretty active and very helpful.

The gmane link is

gmane.comp.python.tkinter

on

Although my Grayson book on Tkinter covers PMW I've never used
it so can't help directly.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site