[Tutor] Pmw/Tkinter question

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 19:24:34 EDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 6:06 PM, boB Stepp <robertvstepp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam
> <sjeik_appie at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks! However, if you replace 'broccoli' with a much longer option, you will see what I meant with the alignment problem. One can no longer read the first letters of the option once it's selected.
>> That's kinda ugly IMHO. Peter's suggestion solves it (but it uses a private/undocumented method).
>
> Did you actually run the amended code I posted?  On my PC and
> environment (Win7-64bit, Py 3) everything looks aligned even when I
> add back in your long "broccoli-..." option.  I will send you a png
> image of what I am seeing on my PC privately.

CURSES!!!  I deeply apologize.  I have been out of the house all day.
I had stayed up late last night and forgot I had played around with
Peter's suggestion.  The screen capture I just sent you privately
reflects Peter's suggestion.  When I removed his line, you are right,
with the longer string sequence it is *not* left justified as it
should be.

Ah, well.  I tried to be helpful.  This seems like buggy behavior,
though, to me.  Perhaps there is something about these widgets we are
not understanding?

boB