[Tutor] Changing the interpreter prompt symbol from ">>>" to ???

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 15 21:31:08 EDT 2016

On 16/03/16 00:45, boB Stepp wrote:
> doing something more drastic, like installing Cygwin.  What are the
> cons in doing the latter?  Will I achieve Unicode harmony under
> Windows by using Cygwin?

If you now unix then you owe it to yourself to install cygwin.
It will give you a Linux box on your windows box. Complete
with xterms and bash and all the other Unix tools you know.

But it doesn't help at all in developing Python code for
Windows users of whom 99% will still be using the standard
cmd shell.

Cygwin is more useful if you need to work in Windows but
also want to target *nix users. That way round it works
pretty well.

HTH
--
Alan G