[Tutor] Advice on multi-dimensional data storage

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 06:30:17 EDT 2016

On 16/03/16 08:36, Matt Williams wrote:
> Dear Tutors,
>
> I am looking for some advice. I have some data that has three dimensions to
> it. I would like to store it such that one could manipulate (query/ update/
> etc.) by dimension - so it would be feasible to ask for all of the data
> that shares a value in d1, or iterate over all of the values via d2.

My personal approach to that tends to be to use a database.
If performance is an issue maybe an in-memory SQLIte database.

There may be things in NumPy that would help too.
Pandas is another possibility.

And I suspect R (via Rpy2) can do such tricks too if you
know R (otherwise go with Pandas).

HTH
--
Alan G