[Tutor] (SIP installation problem) Best way to install Python 3 onto Windows 10

CMG Thrissur cmgcomsol at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:47:48 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 16 March 2016 03:15 AM, Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 15/03/16 21:31, Ken G. wrote:
>> Having acquired a new laptop yesterday with
>> Windows 10 installed and up-to-date, what
>> would be the best way to install the latest
>> version of Python 3?
> Personally I always install ActiveState Python on
> Windows so that I can set up the Pythonwin IDE and
> use the ActiveState Windows help viewer for the
> Python docs.
>
> The installer should do everything you need for
> you. (You may have to locate the pyhonwin exe and
> set up a shortcut - I seem to recall that was not
> done by the installer for Win 10...
>
> Caveat: ActiveState are sometimes a few months
> behind with their python versions so might not
> have the very latest build out yet.

I  tried to install activestate on win 10 but due to my ignorance or
lack of knowlege i could n't get to install pyqt or sip. i tried it
through pip.

Even on basic installation i am getting it hard to find installation of
sip.  How the hell do i get it installed, because i want to work on pyqt
and it doesn't install without sip.

But Winpython portable version works like a charm on windows.

George