[Tutor] Help with recursion

Martin A. Brown martin at linux-ip.net
Tue Mar 22 10:27:48 EDT 2016

Greetings and welcome Lucas (Beterraba),

>Hello, I'm new to both Python and such a mailling list.
>I'm not sure how it works (if it does).

First, welcome to Python!  We hope you like Python and are happy to
help you figure out how to get started.

The mailing list etiquette is like most mailing lists (be polite,
be clear, do not top post).  This is an English language mailing
list.

In addition on this mailing list, we ask people to:

  * report operating system and Python version they are using
  * copy/paste the code under question (and/or any errors)
  * include a question (like for example "I expected X to happen,
    but Y happened instead.  Why?")

>I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with a small piece of
>code I'm implementing in order to learn some recursion.

Recursion is a wonderful technique.  One of the classic computer
science examples demonstrating recursion (and the limits of
recursion) is a function implementing the Fibonacci sequence.

  https://technobeans.wordpress.com/2012/04/16/5-ways-of-fibonacci-in-python/

But, if you have a more specific question about recursion, then
please send it along.

Welcome to the world of Python!

-Martin

--