[Tutor] Removing Content from Lines....

Sam Starfas starfas_s at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:03:51 EDT 2016

Hello,I am hoping you experts can help out a newbie.I have written some python code to gather a bunch of sentences from many files. These sentences contain the content:

blah blah blah blah <uicontrol>1-up printing</uicontrol>blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah <uicontrol>Preset</uicontrol>blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah <uicontrol>Preset</uicontrol> blah blah blah

What I want to do is remove the words before the <uicontrol> and after the </uicontrol>. How do I do that in Python?
Thanks for any and all help.Sam