[Tutor] Best tool for programming interactive games in Python

Lisa Hasler Waters lwaters at flinthill.org
Tue Mar 29 14:03:12 EDT 2016

Hello All,

I have a few students who are interested in creating interactive games in
Python. We have learned how to use tkinter but we are looking for something
more robust. I tried using pygame but cannot seem to get it initialized. I
continually get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/lwaters/Desktop/pygameTest.py", line 1, in <module>
    import pygame, sys
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/__init__.py",
line 95, in <module>
    from pygame.base import *
ImportError:
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so,
2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so:
no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks so much, Lisa Waters - a novice Python-er
--
Lisa Waters, PhD
Technology Integration